CBD oil is an insider tip when it comes to sleep problems as the following CBD effects are described:
- CBD oil can improve sleep in anxiety sufferers
- CBD can help relieve chronic pain and thus optimize sleep behavior
- CBD oil can reduce the discomfort caused by REM sleep behavior disorder
- CBD oil can occasionally increase alertness
- CBD has the potential to help with excessive daytime sleepiness
But what is CBD? How does it work? How should you use it? We will give you the right information to make your mind about CBD oil.
What is the cannabis extract CBD?
- stands for cannabidiol & is abbreviated to CBD
- a substance of the female hemp plant
- one of probably over 100 other cannabinoids
- a non-psychoactive agent with many pharmacological properties
The mechanism of action, or how CBDa becomes CBD?
- CBDa: Cannabidiol initially occurs in the cannabis plant as CBD carboxylic acid CBDa (a stands for acid) and is not yet fully effective in this form
- Heating: Only through the process of activation, also called decarboxylation, e.g. by heating, is a carbon dioxide molecule split off from the cannabidiolic acid. The result is CBD, with better effectiveness.
- Conversion: If the decarboxylation does not take place completely, parts of the CBD acid can remain and, it is assumed, show initial effects. This principle is also responsible for the mode of action of other cannabinoids, including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC from THCa).
- CBD: The actual effect of CBD is explained by the fact that as a phytocannabinoid. It can influence the human endocannabinoid system and is supposed to either strengthen or block it.
Take CBD oil to treat your sleep problems
A tea to sleep in, over-the-counter sleeping pills or strong sleeping pills in the form of drops – bad sleepers try a lot to get rid of annoying sleep problems. In the best case, a natural and gentle remedy is preferred so as not to worsen sleep behaviour or possibly risk addiction further.
Some users take CBD oil to supplement their behavioural therapy. If the substance is to be taken concomitantly, possible interactions must always be considered.
CBD oil for sleep disorders: experiences from users
In addition to numerous scientific studies, there are many examples of practice that should prove that CBD oil can have positive effects.
Users report that they bought cannabidiol specifically for the treatment of sleep disorders and thus positively influenced their sleep behavior.
However, these reports only give indications of potential modes of action and convey subjective impressions.
Nonetheless, user reviews contribute to the view that CBD could be helpful for sleep disorders. It is also interesting that more and more older people are turning to CBD oil to treat problems falling asleep and staying asleep.
CBD oil dosage for sleep disorders
CBD can be used externally as well as ingested. The extracts from the hemp plant are also available in different dosage forms such as CBD oil and capsules, but also foods, vaping e-liquids, cosmetic creams, foods and drinks, etc.
CBD oil is particularly recommended for people with insomnia because it is easy to use, and the dose can be adjusted.
The dosage is very individual with CBD, whereby the respective concentration of the CBD product and the severity of the disease or complaints play a role.
Even if there is no generally applicable dosage recommendation, there is information that users can use as a guide. The following always applies: always start with a low dosage and increase if necessary.
Cannabidiol (CBD) – side effects
Compared to conventional sleeping pills, CBD is much better tolerated and does not lead to any addictions. Even with dietary supplements, which includes CBD, side effects can never be completely ruled out.
You may experience drowsiness and dry mouth when taking CBD. To avoid the latter, it makes sense to drink enough water throughout the day.
Under certain circumstances, CBD can also lower blood pressure. People who tend to have low blood pressure should keep an eye on their values. Drowsiness is cited as a further side effect, but this turns out to be an advantage in connection with sleep problems.
As with medication, the following rule applies: As soon as pronounced side effects occur, the dosage should be adjusted, or the intake should be interrupted.
FAQ – the most common questions about CBD
- Is CBD oil intoxicating?
No. According to the law, over-the-counter CBD hardly contains any THC and is therefore not intoxicating. Accordingly, neither the ability to drive nor the use of machines is impaired when used.
- Can CBD be taken during pregnancy?
CBD oil should not be taken during pregnancy without consulting a doctor, as specific proteins can be influenced by ingestion. It can affect the normal functioning of the placenta.
- Does CBD oil require a prescription?
No. The extract from the hemp plant is classified as a dietary supplement and is therefore freely available.
- Does body weight have to be included in the dosage?
Yes, because experience has shown that people with a higher weight need more CBD. Nevertheless, individual dosage should first be approached.
- How should CBD oil be stored?
CBD oil can be used up to 6 months after opening. Correct storage is a prerequisite for this. CBD oil should be stored in a cold and dark place; otherwise, the oxidation of the ingredients will be accelerated. Besides, children should not have access to the product.
- Is CBD addictive?
No. In contrast to frequently prescribed sleeping pills, cannabidiol does not cause any addiction or withdrawal symptoms. CBD is even used to alleviate the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms that can occur after stopping opiates and nicotine.
Buying these products is now a simple reality thanks to the presence of numerous specialized shops and the diffusion of online sites used for their marketing.
Relying on a site like Justbob.it can be the right solution, given that you will have the certainty of finding only the best CBD products and above all the certainty that they are in full compliance with the law.